Double Chocolate Balsamic Cookies
Every once in a while I am overcome with a bought of extreme housekeeping. This past Monday was one such day for me. I had the day off and nothing on the agenda except book club. And I couldn’t show up to that empty handed, could I? These were a huge hit.
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
extra granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk oil and sugar together. Add in vanilla, flax mixture & balsamic vinegar. Whisk until well combined.
- In a another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies have flattened and cracked across the tops. Allow to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
( Recipe adapted from here )
Make Me This: Savory
[ waffle iron hash browns ]
[ achiote grilled sunburst squash ]
[ warm German potato salad ]
Make Me That: Sweet
[ homemade confetti cake ]
[ chocolate fudge doughnut cakes ]
[ ricotta doughnuts with fennel and mandarin custard. OMG. ]
If you are looking to give your space a dose of style- whether you are splashing out or on a budget – drop me a line. Check out my Hire Me! page for more details.