|My name is Jenn. I’m a designer and blogger from Vancouver, Canada currently living in Berlin, Germany. Callooh Callay is my lifestyle blog and where I’ve shared my design, fashion, food and travel obsessions since 2010.|
Some Random Facts:
- I own 2 passports and 1 crazy cat.
- I have the travel bug. Which is why I’m in Europe I guess.
- I’m passionate about DIY. If I can do it myself, I will.
- I live for thrift stores. I once found a pair of Chloe boots for $12. (Best. Day. Ever.)
- I’m a long-time vegetarian, currently experiencing bouts of vegan-ism
- I’ve successfully flipped three properties in the Vancouver, BC area.
- I’ve also always loved writing. I wrote a novel when I was 13. (It was terrible. Obviously.)
- Some of my varied other jobs include blogger/content/social media manager, archaeologist and psych ward volunteer.
- Few things make me as happy in life as a couple of sweaty hours on a dance floor.
About That Name
In case you are wondering, the name of this blog – Callooh Callay – comes from one of my most beloved books – Alice in Wonderland. It is part of the most delightful nonsensical poem ever written – Jabberwocky:
And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!’
He chortled in his joy.
I live my life by trying to be as Alice-like as possible: always falling down into a magical new world.